Some online stores like eBay and Amazon also offer templates to help the stores match their branding better. The design of your store can make or break sales, and a well-made template will help you pleasingly present your products. Customizing templates can add an extra element of creativity to your store.
Customization is only possible if the template itself offers that option. If it doesn't, you can still add custom elements with CSS styling on some templates, which is easy to learn but more time-consuming than other methods such as uploading graphics and fonts with FTP access. Here are explained some ways by which help in decorating ecommerce websites.
How do templates help?
- Templates can help in creating a uniform and consistent look for your pages. They generally have a clear structure and well-organized elements that are easy to navigate, making them great tools for beginners and professional designers.
- They are built with HTML and CSS to customize the layouts if need be. One can even use a Free full set of templates for mini program shop decoration.
- Since the templates are built for specific sites (like eBay), they will help you maintain your site consistency across multiple pages in different categories.
- The templates create a unified feel on the website but still allow you to add a personal touch with your creative flair.
- When you use templates, they mustn't be too busy. This can help keep clutter away and allow you to be less art-intensive since most templates do not include images.
- They also offer a good amount of padding between important sections, which helps in making the page appear cleaner, more concise, and easy to read.
Bad Templates and Their Cons
Bad templates can be a hindrance to the design of your store. If a template does not have enough features and simple elements in the layout, it can make your pages look cluttered and unorganized. It can also be hard to navigate and read.
A good guideline is that the more HTML elements in a template, the more complicated it will be. There are many ways to add CSS code to make your website look how you want.
How do you know if you have a good or bad template?
Many online tools help you in this. The easiest way is using an online design checker tool, which will quickly determine whether the template offers what you need and if it's usable at all. Another way is to look at the source code of your website, but this may not work for all sites since some templates are not publicly accessible for viewing.
Free templates can be very limited in design scope, but they offer something to all e-commerce stores – a good base from which to learn. Also, you can always find free tutorials online that will help you modify the look of your website as much as you want. These websites are often too busy or come with cluttered elements that can make it hard for people to navigate around your pages.